This tool can be used to:
- Create a 3D confidence ellipsoid plot for the selected XYZ scatter plot.
- Create a 3D confidence ellipsoid plot for each group level when the levels (3D scatter plots) are color indexed.
Download the file Plot3dConfEllipsoid.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
NOTE: This tool requires OriginPro.
- Click and select an XYZ scatter plot in a graph for which you want to create an ellipsoid. If no plot is selected, the tool will use the active plot in the graph window as input.
- Click the 3D Confidence Ellipsoid icon in the Apps Gallery window to open the dialog.
- In the opened dialog, set Confidence Level and Grid Size and click OK.
- A transparent ellipsoid will be created in the graph window (Hint: To modify the Transparency setting, right-click on the ellipsoid plot in Object Manager and choose Plot Details) .
- If the graph layer has more than one Z dataset plotted, the ellipsoid is added only to the selected XYZ scatter plot or the active plot if no plot is selected. You can add ellipsoids to other XYZ scatter plots in turn by clicking on the plot in the graph window or by selecting it in Object Manager, then relaunching the tool.
- If you have specified a grouping column to be used for index colors for the XYZ scatter plots (open Plot Details and click the Symbol tab, then select a group column in Color: By Points: Indexing.), the tool will create one confidence ellipsoid plot for each group level. Each ellipsoid will be color-matched to its scatter plot.